Monday 28 October 2013

FOTD: Twinkly kingfisher blue and peach

Thank you all so much for your support, kindness and love regarding my previous post. I don't want this blog to become a woe-laden space of wailing - so here's a face of the day from last week where my hair didn't look so bad (H&M, your braided headbands have saved me!)

The main shadow shade is a beautiful dusty kingfisher shade by Marks and Spencer Autograph, following a recommendation by that most enabling of enablers, Lipglossiping. I purchased the taupe she recommended and this shade. The shadows are creamy, impressively pigmented and excellent quality for £6. I've also patted on the prettiest microglitter shadow I've come across, Ellis Faas Lights on E301, a beautiful white gold sparkle, over the turquoise. I really love Ellis Faas, the packaging is annoying but the products are incredible - especially the lip shades. I have the driest lips in the world, and the only matte shades I've been able to wear comfortably are EF ones.



Base:
L'Oreal True Match concealer in Cafe Creme under eyes


Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original) as base
M&S Autograph eyeshadow in Kingfisher all over lid
Ellis Faas Lights in E301 over Kingfisher
17 Lacquer Liner in black for upper lid lining and flick
Avon Supershock pencil in black on waterline and to tightline
Maybelline Colossal Mascara
Rimmel brow pencil in dark black-brown

Face:
NARS Taos blush
NARS Albatross as cheek highlight
Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Translucent

 Lips:
Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon

5 comments:

  1. That M&S shadow is so beautiful and the effect with the EF shadow over the top is gorgeous. I really like the colour of the Chubby Stick as well... And most interesting to know about the matt EF lipsticks, these I may have to investigate further.

    So nice to see you back posting Faces of the Day again, gorgeous lady, I had missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That M&S shadow is so beautiful and the effect with the EF shadow over the top is gorgeous. I really like the colour of the Chubby Stick as well...

    So nice to see you back posting Faces of the Day again, gorgeous lady, I had missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good angel x I love the look of albatross on the cheeks the touch of shimmer works so well with the lip colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful. Love Taos blush! x

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.